I figured that some people don't know what I have been up to for the last 2 years, and might need to catch up before I start talking about hunting and fishing and all that southern stuff. Kat and I moved to Memphis, TN almost 2 years ago. We had been contemplating leaving San Diego for awhile (not because we didn't like it,Mom) and the opportunity came to coach in Memphis with my good friend Mike. I had been coaching with Mike for 2 years at The Bishop's School and we felt in would be a fun adventure to coach in the south.
Anyways, I took a job at the school where I currently coach and I was basically in charge of all the maintenance and care of the athletic facilities. The job was a huge blessing because it was flexible enough to allow me to start a master's program in education. As I started to get closer to the end of my program I decided that being on a tractor or lawn mower all day was not the best way to get my name around to schools who might be looking for teachers! I took a job at Dick's Sporting Goods, resigned from my John Deere, and started filling out substitute teacher applications.
I am definitely not in love with retail, but it pays the bills and I get an awesome discount. Besides, I spend all my money there anyways!! Hopefully a job will open up at St. Benedict (the school I am currently coaching at) but we have made it clear that the first school that offers a job teaching and coaching (and is a good fit) will be my new home.
Anyways, I took a job at the school where I currently coach and I was basically in charge of all the maintenance and care of the athletic facilities. The job was a huge blessing because it was flexible enough to allow me to start a master's program in education. As I started to get closer to the end of my program I decided that being on a tractor or lawn mower all day was not the best way to get my name around to schools who might be looking for teachers! I took a job at Dick's Sporting Goods, resigned from my John Deere, and started filling out substitute teacher applications.
I am definitely not in love with retail, but it pays the bills and I get an awesome discount. Besides, I spend all my money there anyways!! Hopefully a job will open up at St. Benedict (the school I am currently coaching at) but we have made it clear that the first school that offers a job teaching and coaching (and is a good fit) will be my new home.
We are loving our life here in the south, and so far our families have been great about visiting and keeping us in the loop. We have found a great church, Collierville Bible Church, and I am slowly getting myself back into ministry. That really is the whole reason for this blog. I find that my mind doesn't shut off after I get into a good conversation, or hear a good sermon, and I have these great epiphanies with no witnesses!! This also happens to me after I teach, and I kick myself for not bringing up some great point while I had an audience. So, I enter the blogging scene. I hope you enjoy reading, and that you feel free to post comments (i get to delete them if I don't like them anyways!!) since I enjoy discussion and feedback.
Your on to something here!
ReplyDelete